Many companies host employee volunteerism programs as a means to demonstrate their commitment to addressing social issues. Often, these programs are not resourced adequately, and the volunteer service is not aligned with the companies' business or philanthropic interests.
SevaYatra believes that employee volunteerism has tremendous potential to be a transformative experience. We see the following benefits from effective volunteer programs:
- Adds strategic value and capacity to NGOs
- Increases employees' understanding of social issues and commitment to addressing them
- Improves employee retention and job satisfaction
- Creates visible identity of corporate citizenship
Standard Service Offerings
|SevaDays||Customized Service Days for the company to foster continuous involvement with a particular NGO or on a particular issue. The SevaDays can include family volunteerism programs as well.|
|Sevathon||Facilitate the creation of an organized multi-locational service day. High energy, issue based event engaging all/most of the employee base on a single day.|
|SevaRetreats||Employee retreats that incorporate service as a team-building and inspirational exercise.|
The specific service that is done during a volunteer activity depends upon the needs of the host organization and the skill and motivation of the volunteers. Typical, volunteer activities could include:
- Physical Service (Building, Facilities Beautification, Cooking etc)
- Educational Service (Tutoring, Life Skills training, Health Education)
Our Engagement Process
Effective volunteerism requires a large amount of coordination before and after the actual volunteer opportunity. A well-designed program should align employee interest, corporate strategy, and community needs.
SevaYatra believes in a comprehensive view of volunteerism that ensures that the community gains, the volunteer is satisfied, and the company contributes. To achieve this standard, we undertake the following steps with our clients.
- Audit of employee volunteerism
- Alignment of employee volunteerism with CSR strategy
- Identification of NGOs
- Implementation of volunteerism projects
- Assessment of outcomes